Don’t be seen as the rude student who thinks of themselves as above everyone else. Here are some tips for some common student etiquette:
- make a habit of arriving to tutorials or lectures late -
besides being rude, the lecturer will know you for the wrong reasons
- put your feet up on the seat in front of you – especially if someone is sitting there
- make out you know more than the lecturer – no one likes a ‘know it all’
- be too critical of another’s work especially if you haven’t done any yourself
- be the loafer when working on the group assignment – this is a quick way to lose friends
- put negative comments about lecturers or fellow students on your online social network page- anyone can access the internet and it will only reflect negatively on you
- ignore people – network and you will probably learn a thing or two
- forget who will be marking your assignment – ask questions and if you get a grade you are unhappy about – approach the marker sensibly and preferably after you have had a day to think about it.
- Write on the online Uni forum anything you may regret as it is not easily deleted
University is a fun time of learning. Don’t let poor student etiquette get in the way of making new friends, learning and generally enjoying University life.
Feel free to add your own tips!